Due to a change in some speakers’ schedules, this webinar is postponed from 9am ET on Thursday 19 March to 9am ET on Wednesday 8 April. We look forward to connecting with you then.
Curbing climate change and preventing deaths from air pollution go hand-in-hand and should be part of every countries’ climate and development agendas. This webinar will focus on options for countries to incorporate targets, policies, and actions on SLCPs into their updated NDCs. It also highlights the many climate, health and development gains that can be achieved by focusing on these highly potent but short-lived gases which include methane, tropospheric ozone, black carbon and HFCs.
• Welcome and scene-setting – WRI (Katie Ross), 5 mins
• Why the CCAC is choosing to focus on NDC enhancement in 2020 – CCAC Secretariat (Dan McDougall), 10 mins
• How to enhance NDCs, reduce air pollution and improve human health – Stockholm Environment Institute (Johan Kuylenstierna/Chris Malley), 10 mins
• Country case study: Ghana’s approach to SLCP planning and the NDC – Gov of Ghana (Daniel Benefor), 10 mins
• Latin American country case study (TBA), 10 mins
• Q&A, 15 mins
Co-hosted with the Climate and Clean Air Coalition, UNDP and NDC Partnership with support from the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development, Germany.